Home Hospice North Lanark (HHNL) is a “hospice without walls” in our 10th year of services provided free of charge in the client’s home, wherever home may be, in the North Lanark area. We provide support, assistance with navigating the healthcare system, and advocacy for adult clients who have received a life-limiting or terminal diagnosis, and/or those who care for them. Bereavement support and public education also fall within our mandate. We are a not-for-profit registered Canadian charity incorporated since 2013, funded 100% through donations and fundraising.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse to fill the position of Program/Visiting Volunteer Coordinator. No requirement for shift work.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board, you will be expected to:
- Act as a role model to all associated with the HHNL program, and demonstrate a caring and empathetic attitude.
- Be responsible for the continuing development of our programs in accordance with recognized professional and service standards.
- Oversee the recruitment, education, scheduling, mentoring and ongoing training of our Visiting Volunteers who are matched with clients to offer comfort, information and companionship in palliative circumstances.
- Provide support and links to resources for individuals living with a terminal or life-limiting illness, and their families.
- Provide resources and assistance to caregivers with navigating the health care system.
- Provide public education about selected topics to caregivers and the general public.
- Oversee and participate in leading bereavement programs and services.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with the HHNL team, including the Chair, the Program Management Committee, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the importance of palliative care, confidentiality, integrity and respect for culture, dignity and personal lifestyle preferences.
- Have demonstrated experience in effective leadership, and strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and program management skills.
- Registered Nurse (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) and four (4) years experience in end-of-life care, OR
- Current registration with the College of Nurses Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse, with four (4) years experience in end-of-life care.
- Community nursing/social work experience, and a solid knowledge of community and resources is preferred.
- Familiarity with grief support and group facilitation are important assets.
- Willingness to participate in Continuing Education such as Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP).
- Availability during summer months and holidays with flexibility to meet the needs of the program.
- Must have current Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must complete the 30-hour Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) training.
- No shift work required; no responsibility for administration of medications or treatments.
- The position is a full-time term position for two years that may be extended every 12 months thereafter.
- Salary range $30.00 to $32.70 + 4% vacation accrued, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send a letter of intent no later than Wednesday, April 27, 2022, along with an up-to-date resume to:
Chair, Home Hospice North Lanark
P.O. Box 787
Almonte, Ontario K0A 1A0
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.