“The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.”
– William Shakespeare
Are you interested in supporting us in a meaningful way, but don’t feel you are in a place in your life to be a Visiting Volunteer? That’s okay! There are so many other ways you can be a part of this compassionate organization.
Just have an hour or two to spare now and again?
• Volunteer at one of our fundraising events.
• Distribute posters now and again that let the community know about upcoming public education events and fundraising activities.
• Attend our events—that’s right, just coming out for something like an Advance Care Planning seminar is a way to support us!
Want to make a more long-term commitment?
• Join one of our committees; share your talents.
• Apply to serve on our Board of Directors. Even if we don’t presently have an opening, we do keep a list of promising candidates.
Want to think outside the box?
• Work to get your friends, your workplace, your school aware and involved in hospice/palliative care.
- Bake something yummy and sell it to your friends and neighbours to raise money and awareness of HHNL
• Make some pretty bracelets, key chains or other craft items for the same reasons
• Educate yourself about how we help members of our community and spread the word!
• Donate something we can sell in our annual Spring Fundraising Auction or at one of our farmers market days.
• Drop a loonie a day into a jar marked “for HHNL.” Put the jar on your desk or kitchen counter and see if the jar fills up more quickly with help from family and friends.
- Do you have a great idea for a fundraising event or activity? We’d love to hear from you if you have an event you want to hold. Any individual, organization or business that wishes to host an event on our behalf is asked to follow HHNL_ThirdPartyProcess+Application[July-4-2022]. If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And of course, cash donations are always welcome and gratefully accepted. Consider donating, either on a one-time basis or on a monthly basis. Visit our Donate Now page for more information.
There are so many ways you can make a difference!