“The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.”
– William Shakespeare
Are you interested in supporting us in a meaningful way, but don’t feel you are in a place in your life to be a visiting volunteer? That’s okay! There are so many other ways you can help to be a part of this compassionate organization.
Just have an hour or two to spare now and again?
• Provide baking in November and December for our visiting volunteers tea
• Volunteer at Hike for Hospice in May
• Distribute posters now and again that let the community know about upcoming support events and fundraising activities
• Attend our events—that’s right, just coming out for something like an advance care planning seminar is a way to support us!
Want to make a more long-term commitment?
• Join one of our committees; share your talents
• Develop a fundraising activity and make it happen (with help, of course!)
• Work to get your friends, your workplace, your school aware and involved in hospice/ palliative care
Want to think outside the box?
• Bake something yummy and sell it to your friends and neighbours to raise money and awareness of HHNL
• Make some pretty bracelets. key chains or other craft items for the same reasons
• Educate yourself about how we help members of our community and spread the word!
• Donate something we can use for a silent auction item at an event we might have coming up
• Drop a loonie a day into a jar marked “for HHPC.” Put the jar on your desk or kitchen counter and see if the jar fills up more quickly with help from family and friends.
And of course, cash donations are always welcome and gratefully accepted. Consider donating, either on a one-time basis or on a monthly basis. Visit our Donate Now page for more information.
There are so many ways you can show your support. Let us know if you have an idea! We offer support (for example, poster design and press release development) if you have an event you want to hold. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch!